Saturday 9 July 2011

Thailand


I've just come back from my holiday in Thailand couple of days ago and it was well worth the trip! So much gorgeous pieces of jewellery over there, especially beaded pieces sold everywhere from the roadside to independent boutiques to markets stalls. One of my favourite places to shop was at Chatuchak weekend market in Bangkok, open Saturdays and Sundays. As we arrived on Saturday, the market was a first venture out on the Sunday morning. The market if huge, 27 acres of practically everything from jewellery, fashion, food, household items to pets! Not only is it huge but extremely hot and quite busy so it is quite difficult and I thought almost impossible to cover it all in one day without getting disorientated and exhausted! They had some great bead stalls and shops and I stopped off in one in particular and bought a few things. I found the prices not entirely ‘cheap’, but we did haggle a good deal and bought some great strings of beads.

The bead shop I made my pruchases..lots of unique beads..

Turquoise is quite popular over there in terms of beading so most jewellery pieces will incorporate turquoise or red, which are lovely combinations anyway! Here are some of my purchases..






Wish i could've of bought more but unfortunately not only are they not dirt cheap, (they weigh them), but my luggage allowance probably wouln't allow it. 

Both Bangkok and Koh Samui are great places to shop for gifts, which I did! These buys were mainly from random roadside stalls.


Bracelets with tiny bells on plaited cord

love this large statement piece

Shell pendant

Hand painted wooden bangles










No comments:

Post a Comment