Wednesday 25 May 2011



Love this wall art..
Slightly going off the jewellery topic, but in keeping with the art ‘theme’, anyone who knows me really well, knows that I have a thing for collecting ornamental Buddha’s, to the extent where by I’ve managed to gather a small collection of them. Whenever I’m in a shop or a market I always find myself stopping to have an admiring look at a Buddha statue. I’ve accumulated a small number of ‘laughing’ Buddha’s, but my personal favourite are the Thai Buddha’s. I think personally what appeals to me about Buddha artwork are two major factors, the first one being that I just so happen to love what they represent in terms of meditation, serenity, peace and all that good stuff. Secondly I just love the aesthetics of them, from an appreciation perspective of the variety of symbolic mudras, to the bronze, gold or wooden finishing. I’ll be going to Thailand soon, and seeing ancient Buddha statues and authentic artwork in just the cherry on the cake.


My own Thai Buddha

Koh Samui, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment