Wednesday 25 May 2011

Wooden Beads..

Some smaller coloured beads I use as spacers

At the moment I’m going through a bit of wooden beads phase. I say that as I’ve only just notice that the majority of beads I’ve bought recently have been in fact wooden, for some coincidence. Whenever I’ve been in my local bead shop I’ve felt drawn to them, both the original wooden finish as well as the coloured painted beads. I love the natural appearance and texture to wooden beading, and I also find that even the larger beads are quite light and easy to work with.

Some of my pieces..

Wooden beads remind me of traditional African beading and crafts, a huge source of inspiration for me, and it’s this aspect as to why I love incorporating them within necklaces etc. Another reason as to why I’ve also got a bit of a soft spot for the painted coloured wooden beads, which normally come in rich, warm earthy colours such as reds and greens.

Really love the red and turquoise combo


No comments:

Post a Comment